Tuesday 3 December 2013

Roasted Pumpkin Salad

Missy here, wishing you all a wondrous afternoon!

It's officially Summer here in Queensland and so it's getting hot and humid. Super.

When you're hot and hungry all you want is something simple that doesn't require a lot of time and effort. Nobody wants to stand cooking in the kitchen when it's a million degrees!

So today I made myself a roasted pumpkin salad! So what you'll need is:

  • 1/4  pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into cubes
  • 3 tbs canola oil
  • 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • handful of lettuce or baby spinach 
  • 1 x 75g pkt toasted pine nuts
  • feta cheese 
  • roasted chicken breast (optional) 



I cut up the amount of pumpkin I wanted, placed it in a tray greased with canola oil and put it in the oven that was preheated to 180*



Let that cook for 15mins (you can leave it on longer if you want your pumpkin more crispy!) and get your other ingredients all ready.

The feta I used is absolutely delish! It's marinated in herbs and oil, I just get it from my local Coles!
Yum yum! I also added some chicken for some protein and sprinkled on the pine nuts.

Something quick and easy that takes no time at all! Yay!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment